Sometimes things just don't go well...sometimes you just screw up :)
It's been a few days of things not going the way I want them to, it happens and I don't get upset about it, it's the nature of the beast for a designer.
But I thought it might be interesting if I showed you how I manage to screw up and at some point you'll see how I worked through it.
I'm doing a challenge....Layne's Legacy better known as BFAC or Beading For A Cure. You buy a kit...which are limited and sell out super fast...and then create something which you will donate so it can be auctioned off to raise funds. It's my first time and I was super excited to get the kit and see what we were given to work with.
I was thrilled with the colors...very in my comfort zone and decided I would make an evening bag. So I started pulling things from my stash to add to it. Got all this done :)
And, have to say I'm loving it, I know the design will work and the only issue I was having was going to be parting with it.
Then I reread the challenge rules!!!
Silly me missed the part about only being able to add ONE other bead type...by this point I think I'd added four!
So....this is set aside to be worked on when I have time and I had the brainwave that most of the beads in the kit are what it takes for my Lace Cufflette and I wondered if it would work with a multi-color palette.
Well..here it is, and though I like some things about it, like the design I worked into the lace I am not happy with it. There are two things I really do not like....the bugles are too heavy....larger than the size I used and they just over power it. The other thing is the brick red...too much of it.
I designed the lace for 15/0s and I really think it needs to be that to really capture the lace quality.
And some of you may squirm when I tell you I will probably take my scissors to this but sometimes that's what you need to do.
There are really no mistakes if you learn something so I take this week as a school week :)
I did receive my antiqued silver ear wires for the latest tutorial I'm working on (which would have been finished if I hadn't been doing the two things above).
So I did manage to finish the earrings and take the photos for the tutorial.
I had fun taking the pictures...I wanted to make the cubes float as if in space because they totally remind me of the Borg ship from Star Trek: TNG :)
The little box pendant can also be made as a ring box.
The tutorial is called "HoneyCube" and will be in my store next week :)
Quite the week!