Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Blogging Fun

 As a design partner with Artbeads.com I am periodically asked to design things within a theme....this time the theme was "Winter Enchantment".
To be honest I wasn't thrilled as I'd done a lot of white and wintry designs lately and was ready for a change....however, I am not one to refuse a challenge. So I started to think of non-white things that reminded me of winter. My thoughts went back to some of my favorite memories of winter, and when you've spent 12 years of your life living in a ski resort those memories are going to include snowy mountains and the glory of skiing.

I spent many a day skiing fresh powder under a glorious winter sun and that was my inspration for these earrings. Winter sunshine is different....not the orangey golden color but the cooler tones that Swarovski Light Colorado Topaz captures.  So that was the starting point for this design..."Winter Sun"


These turned out to be golden ice queens and though you certainly wouldn't wear them while skiing they are the perfect touch for that apres ski outfit.
This was the first time I've used Delicas with a KT after them...Metallic Matte 22 Karat Bright Gold....and they are just gorgeous!
I had ordered some 4mm Bright Gold pearls but I found them too large and too dark for what I wanted, fortunately I had some 3mm Gold pearls in my stash.


I've taken to encasing rivolis so the foiled back is protected without having to resort to the old clear nail polish trick....I think a nice finish.
I'm patting myself on the back for this project...not for the design, but for the fact that the beads arrived in the afternoon and I completed the project in the same day.
Hopefully these have brought a little sunshine and inspiration to your January day.

And the disclaimer:
Artbeads provide the beads and supplies for these projects and ask only for an honest review....I am not paid for my review or links.


2 comments:

  1. Pretty earrings! I love how you've incorporated sunshine colors into a wintery theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are just beautiful. you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.