Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Medallions & Medieval Mysteries

All the rivoli medallions are complete! YAY! Now I just have to finish the wing components and I'm 30% done with those. Then it will get exciting as I put the whole thing together.

Speaking of excitement....I got news today that one of my pieces has been accepted for publication as a project in Beadwork magazine. Lots of lead time on this one as it's slated for the Dec/Jan 2010/2011 issue.

I'm finally feeling better, not 100% yet but getting there. I finished reading Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons" this morning, it was definitely interesting and tied in a lot of what I've learned through my metaphysical studies. I think Brown's books really shine a light on woman's place in history and how the female has been held down and diminished. I grew up being told women didn't have the brainpower to even drive a car and knew from a young age that women were downtrodden, I didn't get why and started looking into the history of women. Before anyone came out with the info of the Da Vinci Code I had seen that the Holy Grail was about the feminine, though it was always men searching for the Grail it was always women pointing the direction.

Anyway....what the heck does that have to do with beading? Inspiration is what. I see a lot of medieval style and female tribute in my beading future.

I hope everyone has a great turkey day and thanks for reading my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.