Saturday, November 28, 2009

Is it Saturday?

Between being sick and the holidays I'm losing track of the days.
I've steadily been getting better, I'm still sleeping more than usual except for one night when I think my body was playing a balancing act and didn't let me sleep at all.
Of course, this isn't really my favorite time of year.....the holiday season. I know you're supposed to love it but I just don't. I dislike commercialization and the financial pressure it puts everyone under, not to mention the social pressure.

I like January! When all the hoopla is over and you can just get down to the business of making the new year better than the last. When the air is crisp and things feel renewed. There's a hope in January.

Today I need to take photographs of the rest of next month's class projects, I'm so behind with all that. I think the projects turned out well and I even remade the herringbone bracelet in cubes, I always wondered why I didn't do that in the first place. I'll probably post photos later today.

This week will see me playing catch-up and maybe if I'm busy enough my fifty-first birthday will slide by without my even noticing, a gal can dream.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are feeling some what better...sometime it takes a while to get over an illness!!!

    When I was younger I used to love the holiday season...the appeal changes as I get older...

    Celebrate your birthday...not the number but your life, that is what I always do...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.