Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Good Thing About Taxes

"What?" You say, "is good about taxes?"

I'm a procrastinator...no surprise, right?
And I, like millions of others, have taxes topping my list of things I procrastinate about.  They are never as bad as they seem and I always think "that wasn't so bad, next year I'll do them in January"...ha!

The good thing is that after I have done them it makes me sort out other things I've been procrastinating about and makes me make the decisions I've been putting off.

Today, I decided I wouldn't teach in June and let the store where I teach know.  I need a break, my brain feels fried and I don't feel free to focus on what I really want to.  In looking at what was going on with me I realised I was doing a bunch of things because I think people wanted me to....that people pleaser side of me was beginning to take control again.  And one of the really stupid things about that is half the time what you think people want is not what they actually want.
So pleasing yourself and doing what is in your heart is much more productive all way around. I really want to focus on designing and writing patterns as they are getting backed up in my brain.


I have been playing with photos....trying things out for the new patterns. Hopefully, a more professional, book-like presentation.


2 comments:

  1. You gotta "be true to yourself" and not worry about pleasing others. Remember "you can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but never all of the people all of the time" ... but, just so ya know, I still have to fight with myself over this same thing, lol. So as I say this to you, I tell myself, "repeat after me" .... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Yep, it's so easy to fall off the wagon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.