Sunday, January 15, 2012

When Rights Are Returned

The end of this month sees my rights returned for my "Gothic Urchin" or as Beadwork magazine named it "Gothic Butterfly" bracelet.  My muse kept me awake till 3am this morning jabbering on about this, throwing design ideas at me....along with three more designs using Corrugated peyote. I sincerely wish someone would tell her how long it takes to develop what she comes up with and write the tutorials so she might consider slowing the heck down.

 Anyway....I've had many requests to write my own tutorial for this....with all my step-by-step instructions and illustrations rather than the abbreviated type that magazines need.  I'm not one to redo things like that so I had to give it a lot of thought and decided that if I was going to publish something that had already been in a magazine I wanted to add to it, tweak it, do something different with it.  Though the instructions for the original bracelet will be included.
I've also had a lot of requests for the tutorial for the Urchin Wings choker which is made up of the same components...not going to do that...but as many people think this is actually a bracelet (those would have to be some tiny assed beads) I thought I might see if I can do a bracelet variant. There will be a pendant based on the choker I'm 99% certain about that :)


These designs will be going on my 'To Do' list for February before you ask ;)
Hopefully to be in my store end of Feb/beginning of March.

In the background....things I can't show you that I'm working on are: 
a reversible pendant hopefully for B&B magazine (they asked me) which I'm almost finished with the second colorway but elements for the chain are backordered so it's probably gonna be on hold for a bit,
a summery flatwork cuff, (again because B&B asked me),
and a whole bunch of Corrugated Peyote designs that I'm hoping will come together as a book, if I can get a publisher interested.  I've been collecting supplies for these designs and am anxious to start working on them but I have to limit myself to working on them Friday through Sunday evenings.
On top of that I am working on a design that I hope will be a workshop possibly at BABE this year.....IF I can get it done in time to submit and IF they accept it.

So...you could say my plate is as full as a food addict's at a free buffet :)
This is life with an over active, slave driving muse! 

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your new year of designs. Love your Gothic Urchin and really like your corrugated peyote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, there it is, I love it so much but I can't figure out for the life of me how you've done it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still trying to figure out how to do the ring Gerlinde Fromont did based on Gothic Butterfly (Urchin).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.