The studio got cleaned and reorganized on Friday, papers filed, beads tubed, sorted and packed away. Amongst the rubble I came across a few neatly packed UFOs. So my project for yesterday was to finish two of them.
The first is a necklace with some of my beaded beads....three grey, hematite and amethyst fat rondelles with four of my skinny disc beads and two bicones. It's simple, a little bit sparkly, good to wear day or night.
The second piece was the mystery stone....still not sure quite what it is.
This had been held up because I needed just the right beads to match it and that meant a trip to Vegas.
Simple, elegant and this shade of green is gorgeous. Though I've made lots of earrings before this is my first pair of stud earrings. I did think I might have to glue the posts in....I hate using glue....but I didn't, the sterling posts are very securely beaded in.
I worked on another piece too and it grew a few inches, maybe it will be finished today. I have a few more little packages of forgotten work and it's actually kind of fun to be able to see them with fresh eyes and then finish them so quickly.