Saturday, April 24, 2010

Etsy, Artfire, SRAJD

Ok...so I finally made the decision to try selling my jewelry online.  I decided that I need to join SRAJD (Self-Representing Artists in Jewelry Design) and went to fill out my application, got down to the website section and stopped.
Hmm....do I go with my Artfire store or do I set up an Etsy store?
I love Artfire and it's flat fees but I've always wanted to be part of the Etsy Bead Weavers.  This group has some of the top beadweavers as members and they do such good challenges to keep each other inspired and I like being part of the bead community almost as much as I like beading.
So....I'm on hold....pondering.
Would I be welcomed into EBW?  I guess that's the main question because it's the main reason to go with Etsy. Is there room for one more bead weaver?

3 comments:

  1. Are you joking?! They'd LOVE you! You probably already know half of them from Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Yeah, I know quite a few. Just my upbringing makes me feel it's presumptious to think I can just join something like that. I was told repeatedly growing up that I should never blow my own trumpet, that I should hide my light under a bushel for others to discover and on no account whatsoever should I tell anyone what I can do. Apparently 20 years of therapy hasn't quite got rid of that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the same for long, no blowing my own trumpet and hide what I'm able to do. Then I decided to teach classes.....the comments were: Why did you never tell you can do such things? Hm, I can't think of an answer. So, got out and join the EBW, if that is what you like to do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.