Thursday, January 7, 2010

Surfacing & Happy New Year!

Gee, I'm really doing well with blogging this year!

I'm finally getting back into my stride, I think, famous last words and all that!

I have been busy though. I created these hexagonal lozenge bracelets and submitted them as a project at Beadwork magazine...so cross your fingers for me. The theme for one of their issues is monotone and contrast and these bracelets fit quite well as not only are they monotone but they are reversible and the reverse side is a play on contrast.

My reorganization is being done in stages and I made good headway last week but still a long way to go. My Delicas are now inventoried mostly so I don't buy something I already have, which I did last month. I used the Delica list I downloaded from FoxDenDesigns.com, if you don't know about that, check it out....a great list telling you every size and shape a color comes in.

Yesterday I did something new. I photographed every stage of making my truncated octahedron bead. The math beads can be quite confusing until the process clicks so I'm being extremely thorough in putting the new instructions together...these will be downloadable or available on disc as printing costs would make the patterns unaffordable IMHO.

I'm even thinking about doing some video tutorials if I can work out how to do that.

I also went shopping again with my Beadstar prize from Beadaholique. I think what I like about this store is the large selection of strand reducers they have, I don't know if I've seen so many before. I like to use slide lock clasps on my bracelets but this limits who the bracelet will fit so a strand reducer allows takes care of this problem by allowing an extender chain. They have also got me turned on to Delica #15 cylinders, I've used a #15 seed bead that were presented to me as Delicas but now I'm not so sure. I like the storage trays I got for my tubes but this time I ordered a Beadsmith bead tower.....made of canvas and plastic this is a folding triangular tower that holds 168 3inch tubes but also accomodates tubes up to 6inches. This has to be fantastic if you're going to a bead retreat or off to a class at a show, not bad as a sales display case either.
Anyway, I hope everyone had a great holiday season and has an even better 2010. I'll say watch this space as I've got some interesting pieces waiting to be photographed and introduced to the world.

1 comment:

  1. I am so in awe of what you do! How do you do all of that beadwork? Love the pieces you submitted, OF COURSE THEY WILL BE ACCEPTED!! My goodness, they are perfect! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.