So this is the part that had been giving me the issues...I was trying to create something totally with beads that would be a strong base for the pin back needed to make this into a brooch. After three attempts I decided I needed a base to work on and ran to the store to buy it.
What was it? A 26c washer!
Problem fixed and I was able to set the pins in my favorite way so they look totally neat and clean :)
Now I just need to attach it in the same manner as I did the mirror.
Now I'm a happy Mikki :)
Of course...while I was at Michaels picking up the pin backs I spotted this:
Yup! A big bag of shell bits. Apparently my muse thinks there's a project for these that would make a great class. I have to admit....it's something I think I'm asked about the most and I could see it being a very popular class. So this is on the 'To Do' list for class submissions which I really need to start working on! Yep...another of those secretive things, can't give the ideas away before I've proved they are mine :)