Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Non-beading Bead-In

We did'nt get any beading done at yesterday's Bead Society Bead-In but we socialized and shopped.  Sometimes it's just fun to get together without having to concentrate on the beading at hand.    With input from four of the core members of the society it was decided that we'll skip the joint bead order next month and do the Vegas road trip instead.  It seems I may be the only one (besides Selina who went with me once) who has been to Bead Haven in Vegas.....an amazing bead store with some unusual beads as well as THE best selection of seed beads.  So, I know I will have fun listening to all the oooo's and ahhh's.

The gals got a sneak peek of the Russian Lariat I'm designing for next month's classes but were absolutely no help in coming up with different colorways....they all wanted the one I was working on...lol!  Thankfully I bought Margie Deeb's Color Report to fall back on.

Speaking of buying, Suzanne, Georgia and myself all bought polymer clay books which we plan on rotating, sort of like our own little library.  It really is stunning how polymer clay has evolved.  As soon as I got home I made lunch and proceeded to take the print off my book, Kato's "The Art of Polymer Clay Millefiori Techniques".  How I stayed focused and didn't drop everything to play with clay amazed me....but I just have too much to do at the moment. One of those things was to sort the Bead Society joint bead order which finally arrived yesterday afternoon....YAY!  I'm promising myself that if I get all the work done on today's to do list by dinner I can play with clay tonight. Gee, no wonder I woke up so early this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Margie Deeb's Color Report really comes in handy and I am always flipping through it. I must get on the ball and download the new one.
    Played with clay today so I hope that's what you're doing right now. Later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Nope, I didn't get there. Trying to get three months ahead with all the classes and patterns and samples...
    Did get the classes planned for April and May, even listed them on the class schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.