Friday, August 21, 2009

Demo Day

The focus today is a demo at Robert's Crafts in Cedar City, I'll be there from 11am till 1pm with samples for all my classes. Not sure what I'll be demo-ing yet, possibly pendant wraps.

This morning the Beading Daily newsletter had a surprise for me. Michelle Mach who writes the newsletter has her design for the Beadwork Challenge up. She's working with the same kit I am and it's interesting to see what she came up with. She made a necklace with a changeable pendant....I'm making a necklace that has a pendant look to it. Other than that...the designs are totally different including the use of the lucite flower. And I got to know when it will be published....the December/January issue, so it should be on the magazine racks in November. Exciting!

Last night's class was fun....it kind of veered off the pattern but it was a small class and when it's small individual alterations to the design are manageable. Pretty and very different bracelets were the result.


On the competition front the contest I'm waiting to hear from (at the end of the month) is the Pattern Play Challenge. You had to use pattern as inspiration. I used the fabric from my belly dancing scarf as my inspiration and I'm really happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.