Friday, August 28, 2009

TGIF


Hmmm...not sure if this is going to apply to me anymore as Friday is now my busy day. I have to head up to Cedar City (a 45 minute drive) to teach two classes, afternoon and evening, plus make a sample between classes. So, it's a really full day....leave at 12.45 and expect to get home about 9.45. Gee it's like being back at work...lol! I laugh because I should be so lucky....all those short eight hour days.
When I got home from class last night I turned on Project Runway and picked up some beads. I made this simple spiral necklace which will be a project for one of my October classes. The photo doesn't do it justice...I need to reshoot but it gives you an idea. I think my students will enjoy making this.
I have to print a bunch of instruction booklets this morning, plus some more calendars then stop at the bank and the store on my way up to Cedar City. It's going to be a long day.
Making the calendars was worthwhile as everyone loves them....I need to get a bunch of copies done. I'm hoping to get the rest of the beadweaving class samples done this weekend and hopefully next week I can knock out all the instruction booklets because I really need to focus on Instructor Proposals for BeadFest, the deadline is rapidly approaching.
Making a living as a bead artist is not an easy thing, so if you're thinking about it be prepared to work hard and don't expect to make much the first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.