Monday, August 24, 2009

Wait a minute while I take it all in.

I feel like that, like I need to just sit down and breathe for a few minutes. When things start to happen they happen fast!

They do say if you work hard at something you're passionate about eventually it will pay off...and I've had to believe in that these past fifteen months. I've felt like quitting so many times, no regular income will do that to a person. But, maybe for the first time in my life I am truly confident in what I'm doing.

I'm not sure how much I can say about this but I got an e-mail yesterday to say there's going to be a two-page spread article about my beading in a very glossy local magazine...the one I have dreamed of being in. Color me freaking excited! Snoopy happy dancing all over the house!

Everyone who has ever seen any of my artistic endeavors has always been amazed that I'm not known but THAT has never happened for me, mostly, I think because I tend to cripple myself with self-doubt. Maybe it's reaching fifty, maybe it's because the bead magazines are recognizing me, or maybe it's because through teaching I realise that not everyone can do what I do that I have become confident enough to 'go for it'.

I have to get rid of some self-doubt today and write an art bio as I'm going to be helping Selina judge an art show in November. After seeing the resume of last year's judge I'm feeling awfully intimidated but Selina is basically telling me I'm crazy. Can I judge art? Yes, I know I can. I just want to be able to include photos of my work, to me that says more about an artist than a list of honors. Bugger it....the bio will have pictures and if they want to edit them out they can.

So, lots to do today, finish up a piece for a class, write and illustrate a couple of instruction booklets, put some flyers together and take photos of some work, including the Challenge piece so I can get it in the mail. Oh...and hit the bank and library and answer e-mail.

Plus my head is swimming with designs I want to create for the big article. I just need to breathe.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.