Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday....Day of Rest

I couldn't even keep a straight face typing that!
The truth is, when you have a new business there is no day of rest. Even if you managed to get everything business related done during the week you still have to play catch up with things like laundry, cleaning, shopping, etc.

I like and am used to deadlines. That dates back from my days as a Graphic Designer when eveything had a deadline. It makes it easy to prioritize, so everything I do has a deadline...real or imagined. This month sees me designing three more projects for classes, writing ten sets of instructions, I have seventeen classes to teach, seven class proposals to write, three more samples for the proposals to make, a bead society meeting to organize and run, some sample kits to put together to show a local bead store, one major bead project to finish, at least one more major bead project to do from start to finish, manage and stock my new online store (got my first sale), beads to order, packages to mail, plus a major overhaul of my studio!
Just reading that makes me want to curl up in a fetal position!

But it makes today's list seem small...lol! Shopping, wash the dog, laundry, pack up things to drop in the mail tomorrow morning as I head out to Vegas, finish the tiles for the tile bracelet so I can take it with me to match up a clasp, finish writing my bio for the art show I'm judging, and finally get around to dying my hair, something I've been putting off.
Ahh....Sunday.....a day of rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.