Friday, October 30, 2009

Honored

Ok...I have to say it....I am so freakin honored to have Marcia DeCoster following my blog. For anyone who does not know, Marcia is one of THE greats in bead weaving...one of my heroes, someone who sets the bar I'm working towards. My Eye of the Tiger piece was inspired by all the golden tones Marcia uses in her designs.....my attempt at beaded opulence.
"Beaded Opulence" is the title of her fabulous book, full of her stunning work. I confess I don't own it...I sneak peeks at it in stores. Marcia also has amazing bead kits available at her Mad Designs web store http://www.marciadecoster.com

Why don't I own this great book? As I've said before I tend to be a sponge and it's really easy for me to not only soak up someone else's style but even create the same exact thing without meaning to...my subconcious can be a copycat so I have to keep a check on it and not give it fodder. It sucks really, because I'd love to own this one so I could drool at the pretty pictures.

Ethics....what ya gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.