Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Aspen, Ice Queen


Completed the challenge tonight so thought I'd post tonight instead of tomorrow.

I'll have to take some photos in daylight
to really show the AB crystals.
I'm really loving the new rope and dying to do it in some more photographic colors :) It's actually triangular with a pearl core, and weaving on the edges.

I'm going to be teaching the icicles next month as a Christmas ornament...they would make a great gift decoration too.
The largest icicle measure 3.5"...they look a lot larger in the picture.

Anyway...there she is...enjoy:)


17 comments:

  1. Oh, Mikki, it's absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I can't say it's my favorite piece...lol...but I'm not a white gal. I need to make it in black :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! This piece needs to be featured in a movie. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is seriously COOOOLLLLLLL!!! Icicles came to mind when I saw it! And the rope would be beautiful even by itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed that you accomplished that piece of art so quickly!!! I'm not blowing smoke up your skirt-your clasp is better than a lot of featured focal pieces. You are the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning piece! The icicles are amazing.
    Bead Happy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. I designed the icicles quite a while back....if you've seen my 'spermy' component...this is where I always thought it would go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It's great! And you were right - it really does look like ice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great idea! The necklace looks really cool! Love it!

    Greetings, Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Qué preciosidad!!!, es impresionante los trabajos que haces.
    Enhorabuena!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This strikes fear into the heart of a new beader!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.