Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Focus

Such a little word and yet, often so hard to achieve.
Sometimes it's because there's so much going on outside your bead world and sometimes it's because there's so much going on inside your bead world.

It's hard to focus when you have to cook dinner, there's shopping, laundry, dishes, gardening etc to be done. So many times when you sit down to bead the brain is saying "I should be doing........"
It's just as hard to focus when the outside stuff is done and you have a zillion ideas swimming around in your brain shouting "Me first!"
And then there are the times when all the work is done, you can sit quietly and create...the focus is there but you can hear the crickets chirping in your brain.

When the alignment of focus and creativity happens things are easy.
Tutorials flow quickly, bead paths become highlighted, designs morph on their own and you can hear your muse sighing happily.
Don't we all wish for days like that? Weeks like that? Months...ok, now I'm being greedy.
I wish I could tell you how to make the alignment happen but it's an enigma. All I can say is if you have a day of alignment use it for all it's worth, you may get a week's worth of work done in that day.

I had a good one yesterday and finally finished the tutorials that had been giving me a hard time....they just wanted to come out slowly...you know like a really long, arduous birth. Sometimes I have a tutorial written and illustrated in a morning, so fast I have to go through it six times to check it because I don't believe it could possibly be correct in such a short time.  But, that's an alignment day for you.

We're having real Fall weather here, lots of rain and cool temperatures, it's good focusing weather :)  So, I'll be making hay today.
I'm wishing you all a great day of alignment!

4 comments:

  1. Mikki, it's kind of scary, but it's like you're in my head when you write some of your posts! I have had a couple of days of decent focus lately, but not the full-out focus that allows you to get a week's worth of things done in a day, but at least I'm creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having me in your head would be scary. Any kind of focus is good it's the blocks we need to avoid :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mikki! It's so great when everything flows and is easy, you just know you are on the right path!! Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waves at Lisa....it's pretty wonderful right now....busy...but that's a good thing. We will have to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.