Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Own Leaf Challenge

As some of you may have seen last night on FB I challenged myself to create a new leaf.  It seems like such a little thing and yet this is a huge challenge because everyone and their sister has designed leaves so to create a new one is no easy task. Plus I wanted tiny leaves which doesn't give one a lot of options.
I tried a few things and finally settled on this peyote version which measures 3/4" by 1/2"


It works perfectly into my freeform piece and will take it from just Autumn colors into a fully foliaged Autumn piece.  I now just have to finish the freeform necklace part before I can add all the leaves I want to.
The piece is for an Autumn challenge the Bead Mavens set for ourselves...but if you have an Autumn piece you should head over to the Bead Mavens forum and share a pic of it with us...we'd love to see.
And we are inviting you to join us in an Ice Queen challenge...check the blog for info on that :)

Whether someone has done a leaf this way is unknown to me, it's pretty basic so I sure don't think I've recreated the wheel and it's not original enough to claim copyright anyway.  Speaking of which...did everyone see the excellent article about copyright and beading ethics in Beadwork magazine this month? A very informative read for anyone doing beading.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.