Thursday, October 14, 2010

Snowed In

No...I'm not, but I would like to be.
I loved being snowed in when I lived in the mountains of Park City, Utah.
It's the perfect excuse to curl up with a good book and a latte. Of course thesedays I'd switch the book for beads. I beaded yesterday and managed to make a lot of headway on my Autumn challenge piece and I named it..."Rubus Autumnus". The name came because the leaves mixed with the freeform remind me of bramble bushes. I like the Latin translation of "Autumn Brambles" ...I'm English and Latin is somehow inbred :)


So...I have some fringing to do today and maybe this one will be finished and ready for it's reveal :)
I'm toying with an idea for Good Quill Hunting's Haute Couture Contest, something a bit different, something I haven't done before.
And my beads are ordered for the Bead Mavens Ice Queen challenge, of course no prizes for me in that one :)  But...for you, so give it a try.

I'm continuing my quiet time for the next few days, sometimes you just have to step back and do the thing you love without any of the business stuff attached.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.