Monday, September 21, 2009

Giving The Finger

No....this isn't going to be a rant.












Last night I was at a loss of what to make as I didn't feel like starting a big piece. Then I remembered seeing Erin's finger ring on BD. She does some awesome beading, check her stuff out at www.beadsbeadingbeaded.com.

Those of you who know me will know I'm big into costuming and I actually have chainmaille clothing I designed and made in my closet. Well, when I was doing the chainmaille I hung out on the armor sites and always wanted to make hand armor...I'd even designed some and made paper patterns. So, last night I dug out my old sketchbook and the patterns and translated it into beads. This is my first piece of finger armor.

I will definitely make a matching cuff and I may even join the pieces. I'd also like to work some designs with claws in them.....this based on the set of wire wrapped camel-bone claws I bought a few years back from Sean the Troll when I was in San Francisco.

As for 'giving the finger' I think I might know a couple of my wild child girlfriends who would love me to give them this finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.