Saturday, September 12, 2009

Inconsideration & Apathy

Rant warning!
I have to get this out. Yesterday I was scheduled to teach at Cedar City, 50 miles away and because of the distance there has to be a minimum sign up before I make the journey. I called in the morning to see how many students I had since I hadn't recieved an e-mail the day before telling me the classes were cancelled due to sign ups or lack thereof.
No one could find the sign up sheets, they were missing. They said they would track down the studio manager to find out what was going on and call me back. So, I called them back (after 2 hours) and was told that a special area had been set up for me which seemed to suggest I did have students.
I drive up there....no students for my first class...still no sign up forms and the studio manager isn't coming in till 5pm and has her phone turned off. I had taken work to do between classes and I sat and did that until the manager came to me at 4:30 to tell me she had finally reached the studio gal and I didn't have students for the evening class!
Not having students when you start up a class is normal, it takes a while to get going and get regulars so I'm not upset about that.
But...are you kidding me?
To not call me, or e-mail me, to not have the sign up sheets available, to have your phone turned off??? WTF???
I just wasted two hours of my time on the freeway! Not to mention the cost of gas.
And I have to say this.....I don't care how very, very, very, very, very sorry you are, you just cost me money! I hope this gal has the decency to offer to pay for my gas before I ask her for it, because I am going to ask her for it. I do not see why her screw up should cost me, I think it's the least she can do!

I thought I might have recieved an e-mail from her apologizing.....but no. I really do not understand the irresponsibility of people or how they get away with it.

Rant over!

I did finish the amethyst cabochon choker I'm making for a friend, it came out very nicely. Now, I'm at a loss what to do next. It seems that Morganna is giving me a design a night as I woke up with a lariat design in my head this morning. It's part of the way done as it uses some peyote tube beads I made a while ago.....very contemporary black and white with a touch of red.

I should finish the Project Runway inspired choker...lots of little ruffled dots to make. I have another choker designed too.....gothic/vampire style, just trying to figure out how I want it to fasten. I have so many designs in my head, I just need the time to put them together.

And it doesn't help when someone wastes hours of your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :) I don't care for moderated comments but due to people posting ads in the comments section I've been forced to add this function.